Saturday, November 28, 2015

Thanksgiving

November 26, 2015 6:12PM

Thanksgiving is probably one of my favorite holidays because it's usually spent with good food, good friends and family, but of course good conversations. I know a lot of people don't know what they have to be grateful for and Thanksgiving is a good day to just reflect on the daily blessings God provides for us. It's not only good to reflect, but to also share. Thanksgiving is truly giving thanks and that means sharing with others our blessings. Today, society is so busy and so focused on our motions. Mindlessly, doing our work or activities. Living in the motions, but never the moment. Sometimes we get so caught up in this thing called "life" and fail to even notice that God is with us. When I feel like I have nothing to be thankful for, I am reminded of His love and blessings and I think this video from Igniter Media sums this thought really well.

  
                       


Many of us are so blessed to have so many things, weather it's a house, clothes, a job, sight, a healthy body, and so on. This video always convicts me because it really shows the truth behind our selfish and ungrateful thinking. Praying to God about foolish things instead of thanking Him. I struggle with this from time to time, but somehow God is always shown to me mysteriously. He knows everything I need and that is to dwell in him or to live in Him. This Thanksgiving I can say that I am truly blessed and I want to share to you guys my many blessings, but first here is a bible verse that really speaks to me:

"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." 

1 Chronicles 16:34 

This verse speaks loud in my heart because even if it doesn't feel like we have anything to feel thankful for, we should at least be thankful to have a good God who's love is everlasting and infinite. This very fact makes me want to give thanks every moment of my life!  



We usually hold Thanksgiving at my house with just the immediate family, which include all my siblings and my parents. We cook our favorite dishes like sweet pork, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, and corn beef. (Yes, no turkey. It's over-rated) But, this year I had the pleasure to celebrate with my two best friends, Amy and Kee, in the morning and later at night with my cousins at their house. My best friend, Amy, just turn 22 years old and we celebrated her birthday and Thanksgiving. It's been almost three months since we hung out because we are all doing our separate things and don't have much time to see each other. It was really nice to just relax, catch up, and eat Pho. (In the photo above it's me on the left, Amy in the middle, and Kee to the right.)

After brunch with the girls, I went over to my cousins place. The food was great, especially the mac and cheese and ham. This Thanksgiving was actually a very special and sweet one for my cousins, but of course for me too. A lot has taken place with my cousins actually. This was the first time in more than five years that my cousins family have all been together. It was a really nice feeling to see old faces and get to know how everyone was doing. There were a lot of happy emotions and the atmosphere was super festive. After dinner, we played a huge game of Mafia. If you don't know what Mafia is, it's basically a card game where you have to find who is the part of the Mafia. You can probably look it up. It was super fun, we play it every time we meet up together. Later at night, the madness kicks in with Black Friday shopping. I'm not the one to go Black Friday Shopping on Thursday, but I was able to get some good finds Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. Maybe I'll probably write another post of my shopping finds later on.




We also meet up Friday night to go midnight bowling, to have fun while everyone is in town. I'm not a big bowler, but it was super fun and my arm is super sore now. We played for like four hours straight. I was  practicing my curving skills and surprising did pretty well. I'm so glad and thank God daily for blessing me so such a beautiful family. This Thanksgiving was probably one of the most memorable ones. I hope you guys had a good Thanksgiving and were able to share your blessing with one another. I would love to hear about your Thanksgiving or blessing, please share them in the comments below. I read all my comments. Until next time, God Bless!  

No comments:

Post a Comment